Facilities, Rentals & Permits

The York County Department of Parks & Recreation offers a large variety of opportunities. Park visitors can rent pavilions, softball/soccer fields or go fishing, boating, hiking…just to list a few! All this can be found in eleven county parks consisting of over 4,300 acres.

For more information or to obtain a permit or reserve one of our facilities, you may contact the parks office by phone at 717-840-7440 and then press 2, by email at parks@old.yorkcountypa.gov or in person at John Rudy Park Adminstrative Building. 

Online Pavilion Rental System


We offer 29 pavilions as rentals across our park system. For more information about our pavilions, click here and to reserve a pavilion, click here.

Sports Field Rentals

Soccer and softball field rentals are available at John Rudy County Park by contacting the parks office. For more information regarding our sports fields and rental policy, please review our policy here

Hunting Permits

Hunting permits are required and are available from August to November 24 at John Rudy County Park and the Nixon Nature Center. Permits are no longer being given out for the Oct 2021- Feb 2022 season. Reminder, each hunter applying for a permit must fill out and sign their own waiver (except for minors where a parent or guardian must sign). Please review the list of important dates to remember regarding hunting here. 

William Kain and Rocky Ridge County Parks are closed to the public on December 6, 7 and 8, 2021. 

Boat Rentals

Boat rentals are closed for the season. Check back in May for information on our boat rental at Lake Redman. A launch permit is not required for use of your own canoe or kayak on Lake Redman or Lake Williams at any time during the year. Our boating regulations can be found here

Spring Valley Animal Activity Area

This area can be rented for equestrian events. For more information, please review the Animal Activity Area Usage Packet here or contact the parks office for more information or to rent. 

Special Use and Activities Permits

Please contact the parks office at 717-840-7440 and then press 2, or at parks@old.yorkcountypa.gov to obtain special use permits for activities including but not limited to, metal detecting, dog hunting areas, geocaches and other special circumstances in the parks.